Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dancer...

I bought Elton John tickets yesterday! I tried getting them online,but the system was SLAMMED!  So I decided while I was trying online, I'd also try on the phone.  It took 99 attempts but I got them!  Yay!  Originally, Buddy and I had talked about going together, but the concert is six weeks away, and who knows where our relationship will be then...

In the meantime, I'm seeing John today in Virginia Beach.  I haven't been to Va Beach in about 6 years, so I'm looking forward to the trip, plus he's a really sweet guy, so I know we'll have fun!  Additionally, I've already set a "coffee date" for next Saturday morning in Raleigh with another guy named John, and Cal in Myrtle Beach might get up here soon.  I've never dated so much in my life!

I have to say that it's weird to be going out with a bunch of men, especially since I like Buddy so much.  I wish that he and I had met at a different time, when we were both ready for something more serious.  But he's only been separated for six months, and I've actually been single just four months, although the truth be told, my relationship with James was over the minute he said he didn't know if he could be attracted to a thinner me.  Buddy thinks that I'm ready to settle down, but the truth is, I'm not.  Not really, I just don't know how to date "casually".  I've never done it.  I just came out of a three-year relationship--before that, I was single for about three years.  I just have never felt so comfortable with one person in my life; he and I really have something special--but maybe our timing will make it impossible to happen.

I'm going to work on this--just getting myself exposed to different guys from different backgrounds.  If nothing else, I should have some fun!!  And on March 16, I'll be sitting in the RBC Center listening to Elton John!  Yay!

Have a splendid Saturday, everyone! I love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment