Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

It's with mixed feelings that I say goodbye to 2011.  It's been a heck of a year.  I lost a fiance, the power in my house for four days, and 20 trees on the property where I live due to a hurricane.  The area in New York I'm from suffered an enormous flood--and millions of dollars in damages.  Elizabeth Taylor died, as did Harry Morgan, Andy Rooney, Cliff Robertson, Steve Jobs, Amy Winehouse, Bubba Smith, Nick Ashford and many other celebrities.  A terrible year in many ways, and yet for me, it was one of the best years of my life!

While September 18th is my "traditional" birthday, I will forever celebrate August 5th as my "rebirth" day.  Because with that surgery on that fateful day, I was truly reborn!!  Not just with a thinner body--although that, too, is true--but with a zest for life that I'd forgotten!

So...bring on 2012.  I'm ready for it.  I'm eating better, taking care of my skin and liking what I see in the mirror.  I'm dating--yes, the guy from Friday wants to take me out again next weekend, and I'm going to go.  There's also another guy with whom I'm just chatting, but it seems promising, too.   It's the second semester at school--and I'm getting to do some of my favorite works: Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet. I have a new car that I LOVE and all is right in my world.

Happy New Year, everyone...please resolve to treat yourself as gently as you do the OTHER special people in your lives--and I say "other" because YOU are special, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment