Sunday, January 15, 2012

Who Is That Woman?

When I had my hair cut on Wednesday, I sent a picture to my brother Kriss, who said that he now sees the family resemblance.  I sent the same photo to my mother via Postagram, which is a cool app for iPhone.  For just 99 cents, Postagram will send the photo of your choosing as a postcard.  You're able to personalize the message, and the photo "pops" out of the postcard so that your recipient can keep the photo afterward!  This app will totally change my vacations; imagine taking photos of the Eiffel Tower or the lights of Broadway and rather than buying some random, stock-photo postcard and then having to find a stamp, for less than a dollar, you can send a personalized picture!

Anyway, when she received the postcard today, my mother called me and said, "Boy, that's some chin you have!"  So funny that my mom is commenting on a facial feature I've always had--but that was disguised by fat all these years!  But the truth is, my chin is pointier than I ever imagined! I think my face is actually heart shaped, but for years I thought that it was "round"!  I also have a dimple in my left cheek (think Tom Selleck but not as hirsute, of course) that I never knew I had.

As I lose this weight, I'm discovering more and more new things about myself, both physically and emotionally. I guess it's because it's happened so quickly, but often, I'm surprised when I see my reflection in the mirror.  It's rather surreal that all this change has happened in just five months.

Yesterday, I read an online article about Jennifer Hudson who spoke about her own weight loss--coincidentally, the same amount as mine to date, 80 pounds.  In the article, Ms. Hudson spoke about how much fun she was having dressing her new body.  I haven't actually reached that point, but it's nice to know it's coming!  I haven't bought much--a couple new pairs of jeans and a couple new tops, but I know I look so much better in them, and that does feel great!  I've never been a big shopper, but I do look forward to "playing dress up"!

Yesterday, I posted about regrets and not denying ourselves experiences because of fear.  I can honestly say that the only regret I have about this surgery is that I didn't do it ten years ago!!  But don't worry--I have plans to make up for lost time!  Treat yourself well, and have a sensational Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment