Monday, January 9, 2012

With Apologies to Charlotte Bronte...

At the end of Jane Eyre, Bronte's heroine simply states, "Reader, I married him."  If you haven't read the book, I just ruined it for you.  On the other hand, if you haven't read the book, you should read it anyway!  It's a classic!  (Although to me, it's always been an indictment of marriage rather than a celebration of one--read it and see if you agree...)

So yesterday was date number three...and no, I didn't marry him.  What am I, nuts?  I did, however, have a great day.  We went to the Raleigh flea market and then to Carrabas for lunch (the grilled chicken on their kids' menu is great, but I had to ask for half the usual amount of mashed potatoes--and I still only ate about half of them and half the chicken!)  We then went to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, a good Cold War-era spy movie that was well-acted by Gary Oldman and that cutie, Colin Firth.  We then drove back to Rocky Mount, where I showed him my campus--we've already made plans for basketball in two weeks, and then we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Tapatio, where we shared an entree.  We then came back to my place, (he'd left his car at my house, and I drove to Raleigh--I know Raleigh better than he and he'd already driven from the other side of Greenville to my place.)  And then...reader, I kissed him.  

It was an absolutely fantastic day.  We laughed and laughed, ate good food, enjoyed the movie and each other's company.  Of course, I had expected it would be a fantastic day--and it was.

Have a miraculous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment