Monday, January 23, 2012

A Love Letter

My dearest friend,
I'm writing this to tell you all the things I've never been able to say. 

First, I want you to know that I think you're amazing.  I do.  You have strength that seems unending.  You are smart, funny, attractive, and you have the biggest heart of anyone I know.  Little kids, whose opinions are honest, love you.  They are immediately and completely comfortable with you.  You are giving and loving, but I don't think you're as trusting as you could be.

When you went to college at age 30, I know you were terrified.  But look how well you did! You graduated with high honors and magna cum laude.  You should be so very proud!

I know that you had a difficult childhood.  Being molested by someone you loved and trusted was a horrible thing to have happen, but you have survived it with strength and grace.  I know that others have hurt you, especially your ex-husband and your ex-fiance.  Still, you seek out love--and that alone is commendable.

And now you've met someone special.  He's wonderful.  Sexy, sweet, funny. Let him in.  Trust him.  Let down your walls, love him and let him love you the way you deserve to be loved.  You deserve to be happy, so let it happen.

And last, but not least, I am sorry.  I'm sorry for all the times I criticized you or hurt your feelings.  I'm sorry I wasn't more supportive.  You are a warm and wonderful person who deserves the best in this life.  More than anything, I want you to be happy!
Love always,
Rhonda
******************************
Well, did you figure it out?  This love letter, which is VERY overdue, is to myself.  I needed to say these things to myself...I'm glad that I did. We wouldn't hesitate to tell these things to a friend, but when was the last time you told YOURSELF just how terrific you are?  Aren't you supposed to be your OWN best friend?  So, now for YOUR assignment.  (Oh, come on, you knew that there would be homework!)  I want you to write a love letter to YOURSELF.  Just like my letter, I'm sure that your love letter to yourself is very overdue!  So write it--if you dare.  I think you'll find it therapeutic--and maybe just a little bit of fun!  Have a marvelous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment