Friday, January 20, 2012

Holy Cow!! And Thank You!

The total hits on this blog surpassed 7,000 yesterday!  That's just amazing to me!  I am so grateful that you continue to read this; when I started it, I doubted that anyone would!  But I thank you SO much for your support!  Even if you don't comment, please know I know you're out there--and I appreciate your sticking with me!!

Today is the last day of Spirit Week...thank goodness.  I've actually had a lot of fun this year, and unlike previous years, I have participated every day!  I went tacky, as a twin and yesterday...yesterday I wore a "Juliet" dress for "Back in the Day"!  In years past, I might have dressed for "Twin Day" because Latishea and I have the same shirt, but I never would participate in Tacky Day or any other of the days.  I started thinking about it, and I'm sure the reason I didn't participate was because participants are usually photographed.  This year, I dressed out every day, was photographed every day and smiled widely for every photo.  See below!
This is a shot of me with one of my juniors, James.  I don't have to "modify" his picture like I did Buddy's because he's already in disguise! The Juliet dress is from about five years ago when we had a "Shakespeare Day" at school.  If you look closely at the picture, you'll see I have it laced as tightly as it would lace--and even at that, it was big on me!  Still, I wore it, and the kids loved it.  One little girl in the middle school even said, "You look so pretty!"

It's Homecoming tonight.  I'm the announcer for the Pep Rally this afternoon and the Homecoming Court with election results tonight.  I look forward to spending the evening with "Buddy" and seeing our alumni--my baby birds that have left the nest but who never forget to stop by and visit their "mama" from time to time!  I hope you have an absolutely fabulous Friday!  (And thanks again--click on an ad or two while you're here--it makes me a wee bit of money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment