Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homecoming and Coming Home...

I had a great time at Homecoming.  "Buddy" came to town, and he and I went to Olive Garden for dinner before going to school for the games.  Our junior varsity lost, but our varsity was victorious!  During halftime, I announced the candidates for prince and princess as well as for king and queen.  It went well, and the crowd seemed happy!

But one of the best parts of the night was seeing my "baby birds" and getting great positive feedback.  The most common greetings of the night were "Oh my gosh, I almost didn't recognize you!" and "you look great!"  It's an amazing feeling, I must say.  As I've said before, I haven't done well in accepting compliments graciously in the past, but last night, I just said "thank you."

It's late, and I'm tired, so I'm going to cut this short.  But I want to reiterate that if there's something holding you back, NOW is the time to get rid of it.  Perhaps it's extra weight, as it was with me.  Maybe it's lacking a degree or special training needed to get that dream job.  Maybe it's that dead-end relationship that both of you know is over yet neither of you is willing to take that first step.  NOW is the time.  I promise you--you won't regret it.  Once you stop being held back, there's nothing that can stop you!  Have a SUPER Saturday!


2 comments:

  1. I'm working on it. For far too long I've hid myself and NOW I'm pressing toward the mark of bliss! My guy is wonderful, working on the weight issue (which isn't an issue with him)and in general feeling better about who I am. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Ida, for your encouragement. Love you for it!!!

      Delete