Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Day...

It's a day off for me, but it's also much more than that.  Today is a day set aside to honor a man who set his sights on a better world.  Please take a moment today to pray/ask for peace and racial equality.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon doing what I love best--at the movies.  I treated two of my yearbook students to see Beauty and the Beast in 3-D.  Ashley had never seen the movie, nor had she ever seen a 3-D movie, so it was so much fun!  Afterward we went to dinner where I ate my first hamburger (well, a third of one, anyway) since the surgery.  $3.99 on the kids' menu, it was delicious but served with a mountain of fries.  I stopped eating fries long before my surgery--they just lost their appeal.  I managed to eat two or three plus the third of the burger.  

This afternoon, there's a basketball tournament at school.  I may go for a while; first I have to work on cleaning this house!  I think that my house has been chaotic to reflect what was going on in my life, but I'm definitely feeling better, so it's time the house reflects that, too! I had hoped to see Buddy tonight, but he had other plans.  Sighhh.  Perhaps tomorrow? 

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment